Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions and answers on practices, services, and general information about chimney sweeping and fireplace repairs, maintenance and services.
Do I need to be here when you come?
- Yes. It is a good idea to be in the home while we are there for many reasons. If there are issues with the chimney system we can discuss them while there and offer any guidance on the operation of the system.
Should I cover my furniture so dust and soot doesn’t get on it?
- It’s not necessary, but if you prefer to that is fine. We use a very large ‘soot’ vac that sucks all the soot out of the air. The vac is specially designed just for chimney sweeping.
Should I put my pets away during your visit?
- Yes. It’s a good idea. We don’t want your pet to accidentally get hurt while we are working in your home. With all of our equipment in use, there could be a potential for a pet getting hurt.
When is payment due for chimney sweepings and inspections?
- Payment is due upon completion of the chimney sweeping or inspection.
How long does it take to clean my chimney?
- It depends on the system and how dirty it is. Obviously the dirtier the system the longer it will take. As a general guideline a typical sweeping averages around 30 -45 minutes.
Do you take credit cards?
- Yes, we accept most major credit cards.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept all major credit cards, personal checks, and cash.
Do you give free estimates?
- Yes, estimates are free.
Are you certified?
- Yes, we are certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America.
FAQ’s was last modified: November 3rd, 2018 by